The New Zealand Diploma in Business (Leadership and Management) (Level 6) programme of study prepares learners for mid-level management/leadership positions with a strategic perspective within New Zealand business entities, or for further studies in the field of business leadership and management.
The programme is suitable for people with prior knowledge in business management and leadership at an operational level and who wish to gain general and specialised knowledge and skills in the areas of leadership and management with a strategic perspective within New Zealand business entities, or for further studies in the areas of business management.
- 36 Academic Weeks plus schedules breaks
- 120 Credits
601 – Lead Organisational Development & Change
602 – Lead & Manage Organisational Direction & Strategy
603 – Finance for Managers
604 – Lead & Manage Strategic Projects
605 – Manage Human Capital
606 – Strategic Planning
Programme Entry Requirements:
A candidate for admission to this programme of study shall:
- Have attained a minimum age of 18 years; And
- Have an English equivalent of IELTS 6.0 with no band less than 5.5; or equivalent as approved and set out in the NZQA Programme Approval and Accreditation Rules; And
- Have completed at least a Diploma in Business (Level 5); or have at least two years of relevant work experience; or equivalent.
On completion of this programme, graduates will be able to demonstrate general and specialised business knowledge and skills in leadership and management with a strategic perspective that can be applied in a range of mid-level management and leadership roles, specifically they will be able to:
- Demonstrate the necessary knowledge, skills and attributes to facilitate and manage organisational development and change within organisations at a strategic level.
- Evaluate the strategic business relationships and develop an appropriate stakeholder communication strategy and organisational direction and strategy for an organisation in New Zealand.
- Apply financial information, compliance and regulatory requirement in accounting and finance to support management planning and decision making within an organisation in New Zealand.
- Demonstrate advance level knowledge and skills in project and resource management to successfully lead and manage organisational projects aligned with the strategic goals of an organisation.
- Apply conceptual, theoretical and contextual perspectives of human resources as an investment in creating a successful and sustainable organisation.
- Apply the knowledge, skills and attitudes developed on the programme to a strategic planning project for an organisation in New Zealand.
- Abacus Institute of Studies NZ Diploma in Business (Leadership and Management) Level 6
- Programme Approval and Accreditation Application 3
- Demonstrate advance level people, cognitive and affective skills for the efficient and effective performance of an organisation.
Graduates may progress to:
- Business qualifications at degree level
- Relevant industry or professional qualifications at Level 6 or above.
The graduates are likely to find the opportunities for employment in “Entry and Supervisory level positions” in areas such as:
- Sales/ Marketing
- Retail Management
- General/ Office Management
- Business Analysis