The New Zealand Diploma in Business (Leadership and Management) (Level 5) programme prepares learners for junior management/leadership positions at an operational level within New Zealand business entities, or for further studies in the field of business and management.
The programme is suitable for people with little or no prior knowledge in business management and leadership and who wish to gain general and specialized knowledge and skills in the areas of leadership and management at an operational level within New Zealand business entities, or for further studies in the areas of business management.
- 36 Academic Weeks plus schedules breaks
- 120 Credits
501 – Fundamentals of Business
502 – Manage Organisational Culture
503 – Lead Change
504 – Operations Management
505 – Manage Projects
506 – Lead & Manage a Small Business
Programme Entry Requirements:
A candidate for admission to this programme of study shall:
- Have attained a minimum age of 18 years; And
- Have an English equivalent of IELTS 5.5 with no band score less than 5.0; or equivalent as approved and set out in the NZQA Programme Approval and Accreditation Rules; And
- Have completed at least a Certificate in Business Level 3; or New Zealand Year 12 Secondary Schooling or international equivalent; or have at least two years of relevant work experience; or equivalent.
On completion of this programme, graduates will be able to demonstrate general and specialised business knowledge and skills specifically in leadership and management that can be applied in a range of operational roles as follows:
- Apply the principles and practices of key business functions, analyse the environment businesses operate in and promote compliance to support the operational efficiency and effectiveness of entities.
- Promote a positive and supportive organisational culture and effective stakeholder management for an organisation.
- Analyse, Implement and lead innovation and change management initiatives within organisations in New Zealand.
- Analyse and apply the practices and principles of operations management, continuous improvement and compliance requirements for organisations in New Zealand.
- Manage a project within scope, time and resource constraints for an organisation.
- Apply the knowledge, skills and attitudes gained to develop, plan and support a small business start-up in New Zealand.
- Demonstrate appropriate people, cognitive and affective skills for the efficient and effective performance within organisations in New Zealand.
Graduates may progress to:
- New Zealand Diploma in Business (with strands in Accounting, Administration and Technology, Leadership and Management, and Māori Business and Management) (Level 6) [Ref: 2460]
- Business qualifications at degree level
- Relevant industry or professional qualifications at Level 6 or above.
The graduates are likely to find the opportunities for employment in “Entry level positions” in areas such as:
- Sales/ Marketing
- General/ Office Responsibilities
- Business Owner