The National Diploma in Business Level 6 (“NDIPBUSL6”) course is delivered over two semesters. This nationally recognised unit standard based qualification is developed by the institute and approved by New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA). The course meets the need of students wishing to study Business & Management. The NDIPBUSL6 is a diploma programme to be completed over one academic year of full-time study or equivalent part-time study. The course leads to Business and Management qualification that will qualify students for entry into a wide range of careers across various sectors that requires people with the knowledge and skills in business and management areas. It also prepares students for entry into further university and other tertiary level studies.
- Business Environment and Strategy
- Human Resource Management
- Business Law
To enrol on the NDIPBUSL6 programme, international students will need to meet the following minimum requirements.
Applicants need to present evidence of one of the following:
1. National Diploma in Business Level 5 or an equivalent Level 5 Business & Management qualication gained at a New Zealand institution.
2. An overseas business & management diploma/degree equivalent or higher than those for entry into a level 6 business & management diploma programme.
English language proficiency equivalent one of the following:
- IELTS academic score 6 Bands with no score less than 5.5 Bands
- TOEFL (Paperbased Test) score of 590 (with an essay score of 5.5 TWE)
- TOEFL (Internet Based) score of 60 (with writing score of 20)
- University of Cambridge ESOL examination FCE with a pass at Grade B or CAE with a score of 52
- NZCEL Level 5 with an academic endorsement
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) score of 50
More details can be found at the NZQA website at the following link:
Graduates may progress to:
- Business qualifications at degree level
- Relevant industry or professional qualifications at Level 6 or above.
The graduates are likely to find the opportunities for employment in “Entry and Supervisory level positions” in areas such as:
- Sales/ Marketing
- Retail Management
- General/ Office Management
- Business Analysis